Why New Bloggers Should Always Start with WordPress?
If you are willing to start your blog, today its really easy and you have multiple platforms to publish your blogs like –
- Live Journal etc
But there is a reason why almost 96% of blogs in USA are on WordPress. As we know that WordPress today is hugely popular CMS which needs no introduction. Google’s BlogSpot is also popular but hold only 2-3% of blogs.
Let us now discuss why WordPress is so popular and why we recommend it to everyone who is entering into the blogging world –
- Easy User Interface
- WordPress is easy to understand and is perfectly managed by Non-Tech guys today. You really don’t need to be a web developer or a web designer to publish your blogs here.
- We said so as every single task is easy to understand Graphical User Interface where you can do every single task without any coding or technical knowledge. If you are new and willing to Start a Blog, This is surely going to help you.
- Next you don’t need to know any programming language like Java or PHP to operate WordPress. That’s all backend and you will hardly encounter any face to face with them.
- Talking about the cost to operate and start a blog, on WordPress, its almost Nil. Even if you are willing to start with your personal domain name on WordPress.org, you only need to pay for Domain, which hardly cost 5-6$ or close to that. Apart from this, there are many plugins and themes offering free version for newbie and that’s pretty enough for beginners.
- About looks and design, you have plugins like Elementor and Divi, which helps you to create beautiful pages. They are easy drag and drop kind of page builders with lot of features to ensure beautiful designs.
- You can add As many Users as you want, who can help you add posts on variety of categories. Assigning the tasks, roles and responsibilities is simple.
- Support Community to support you whenever you need any help. It’s a community dominated by senior web developers, plugin and theme owners who are there to help you for free if you have any queries related to their products.
- Ease of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
As we create blogs, we also intend to generate traffic for our pages. Google or any other search engines gives us free traffic on our Personal website or Blog, called as Organic Traffic. For this, you need to optimize your blog for search engines to understand it better, called as SEO.
WordPress offers multiple options like Yoast SEO, RankMath and All in One Seo plugins to get you free optimization. Of course you have paid versions as well but free versions are more than good for beginners.
Here are the things which helps you to optimize the content for Seo-
- Mobile Responsiveness – Every single theme on WordPress is mobile optimized, means your pages are adaptable to all screen sizes, like desktop or mobile. You cannot have your site ranked on search engines if it is not optimized for Mobile views.
- Multi-Browser Compatibility – Websites created on WordPress are compatible with every browser like Chrome, Safari or Opera.
- Flexibility to choose URL or Permalink Structure – You can easily choose the URL structure of your pages. For example – YOURDOMAINNAME.COM/POSTNAME OR YOURDOMAINNAME.COM/2020/05/POSTNAME ETC. As per your thought process, requirements and understanding, you get flexibility to choose various given options.
- Free Plugins – We already discussed this earlier that plugins for SEO like Yoast etc are free and you can perform all basic tasks through them. Advanced users can buy Premium versions as well.
- Image Optimization- You can optimize images for size and dimensions so that it is easy to load and offers fast website loading.
- Website Speed Optimization – If you have good hosting, your website will load fast. In case you are planning to migrate your existing web host, you can see the Hosting reviews at Cheapandbesthosting.com website. But if you have complex structure of website, you also need to optimize it. With WordPress, this is easy as you have various free to use cache plugins like Litespeed, W3 Total Cache etc.
- Google SiteMaps – Google asks for Sitemap in XML format for it know more about your website structure. If you will submit in Google search console, all your pages will be crawled as soon as they are published or modified.
- Ease of Promotion (Social Media)
Once you blog is ready, optimized for SEO, what’s next? May be you will share it with your friends and groups on Social Media. Isn’t it? Yes, Social Media like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc are great options you can explore to share your blog posts.
Your post has equal and fair chance to get viral and this way, huge traffic can be generated.
WordPress offers you seamless integration of sharing functionality so that you can share with almost every web 2.0 or renowned social media website like –
- Live Journal
- Pinterest etc
You can also automate the process by one time integration of all your social media accounts, so that, once the post is published, it is automatically shared on all of them.
As per cheapandbesthosting.com, you can also embed sharing buttons on each of your page or post so that your visitors are also encouraged to share the post with their audience.
This helps for new blogs to get public attention and by the time you get traffic from search engines, you have already created a community for yourself on social media.
- Other Technical Benefits
While we have already covered almost every benefit, still few more are there, which are as follows –
- Easy to integrate E-Commerce Functionality
- Shifting your Hosting or Migration is simple and easy
- Easy to take Backups and restore with Plugins like UpdraftPlus
- Easy to translate the post in almost 70 languages
While we have various blogging platforms available today like Wix, Blogger, Squarespace etc, still, WordPress is the best. WordPress is the first choice of every blogger today as it is a open source CMS. You get lot of flexibility and options when it comes to create or design your post, sharing it on social media and even optimizing it for SEO and Speed.
With this post, we intend to highlight some of the key features of WordPress so that its is easier for you to decide as a Blogger, that on which platform, you wish to start your blogging journey.